The CS5462 enables digital power meter manufacturers to provide highly accurate, cost-effective solutions for measuring power usage. This IC is an integrated power-measurement device that combines two Delta Sigma analog/digital converters (ADCs) and a frequency pulse output on a single chip. Designed for residential single-phase power meter applications, the device accurately measures energy and performs energy-to-pulse conversions.
The device’s low-frequency energy outputs, E1 and E2, supply average real power and can be used to drive a stepper motor or a mechanical counter, while the high-frequency energy output FOUT can be used for calibration. The CS5462 allows for direct configuration of pulse-output format, pulse-output frequency, current channel input range, high-pass filter option and on-chip calibration.
The CS5462 offers excellent temperature stability for long-life operation. The device reduces total bill-of-materials (BOM) cost with the inclusion of a patented calibration technique that eliminates the need for external potentiometers, off-chip memory or resistor arrays. The CS5462 delivers accurate power-usage measurements and is an ideal low-cost solution for residential electronic power meter applications.
Innovation that Rocks® Cirrus Rocks® Cirrus® Engineered to Rock®
- Energy data linearity: ±0.1% of reading over 1000:1 dynamic range
- On-chip functions: measures energy and performs energy-to-pulse conversions
- On-chip system calibration option
- Meets accuracy spec for IEC, ANSI, JIS
- Low-power consumption
- High-pass filter option for both I and V
- Adjustable input range on current channel
- On-chip 2.5 V reference (25 ppm/°C typ.)
- Configurable pulse outputs for stepper motor or mechanical counter
- On-chip energy direction indicator
- Ground-reference input signals with single supply
- High-frequency output for calibration
- On-chip power-on reset
- Power supply configurations
- VA+ = +5 V; AGND = 0 V; VD+ = +3.3 V to 5 V
- Package: 24-pin SSOP; lead-free assembly
|Not Recommended for New Designs|
|Recommended Replacement: CS5490|