The CS5466 is a low-cost solution for digital power meter applications that features dual Delta-Sigma analog-to-digital converters, an energy-to-frequency converter and energy-pulse outputs on a single chip. The CS5466 is designed to accurately measure and calculate energy for single-phase, two- or three-wire power metering applications within minimal external components.
The low-frequency pulse outputs, E1 and E2, provide pulses at a frequency which is proportional to the active power and can be used to drive a stepper motor or mechanical counter. Energy direction output, NEG, indicates when pulse outputs E1 and E2 represent negative active power. The high-frequency pulse output FOUT is designed to assist in system calibration.
The CS5466 has configuration pins which allow for direct configuration of pulse output frequency, current-channel input range and high-pass filter enable option. It also has a power-on reset function which holds the part in reset until the supply reaches an operable level.
Innovation that Rocks® Cirrus Rocks® Cirrus® Engineered to Rock®
- Energy data linearity: ±0.1% of reading over 1000:1 dynamic range
- On-chip functions: measures active energy and performs energy-to-pulse conversions
- Meets accuracy spec for IEC, ANSI, JIS
- Current Channel Features
- 24-bit, fourth-order, Delta-Sigma A/D converter for precise measurements
- High-pass filter
- Four input gain range options
- On-chip 2.5 V reference (tempco 25 ppm/°C typ)
- On-chip energy direction indicator
- Package: 24-pin SSOP; lead-free assembly
|Not Recommended for New Designs|
|Recommended Replacement: CS5490|