The CS5460A is a highly integrated Delta-Sigma analog/digital converter (ADC) that combines two Delta-Sigma ADCs, high-speed power calculation functions and a serial interface on a single chip. It is designed to accurately measure and calculate energy, instantaneous power, IRMS and VRMS for single-phase, 2- or 3-wire power metering applications.
The CS5460A interfaces to a low-cost shunt resistor or transformer to measure current and resistive divider or potential transformer to measure voltage. It features a bi-directional serial interface for communication with a microcontroller and a programmable frequency output that is proportional to energy. The CS5460A has on-chip functionality to facilitate AC or DC system-level calibration.
The “Auto-Boot” feature allows the CS5460A to function standalone and to initialize itself on system power-up. In Auto-Boot mode, the CS5460A reads the calibration data and start-up instructions from an external EEPROM. In this mode, the CS5460A can work without the need for a microprocessor for low-cost metering applications.
CIRRUS ROCKS® CIRRUS® ENGINEERED TO ROCK® INNOVATION THAT ROCKS®
- Energy data linearity: ±0.1% of reading over 1000:1 dynamic range
- EOn-chip functions: energy, I * V, IRMS and VRMS, energy-to-pulse conversion
- Smart 'Auto-Boot' mode from serial EEPROM
- AC or DC system calibration
- Mechanical counter/stepper motor driver
- Meets accuracy spec for IEC, ANSI, JIS
- Power consumption < 12 mW
- On-chip 2.5 V reference (25 ppm/°C typ.)
- Interface optimized for shunt sensor
- Phase compensation
- Ground-referenced signals with single supply
- Simple 3-wire digital serial interface
- Watchdog timer
- Power-supply monitor
- Power supply configurations
- VA+ = 5 V; VA- = 0 V; VD+ = 3 V to 5 V
- VA+ = 2.5 V; VA- = -2.5 V; VD+ = 3 V
- Package: 24-pin SSOP; lead-free assembly
|Not Recommended for New Designs|
|Recommended Replacement: CS5490|