The CS5467 IC for digital power meters and energy measurement applications is designed for market-specific demands within Japan. It is an integrated power measurement device which combines three Delta Sigma analog-to-digital converters, power calculation engine, energy-to-frequency converter and a serial interface into a single integrated circuit. It accurately measures instantaneous current and voltage and calculates VRMS, IRMS, instantaneous power and average power (active/reactive/apparent) for high-performance power measurement applications. In addition, the CS5467 features two current channels and two voltage channels for simultaneous two-phase measurements. This configuration is popular in network meters and commercial three-phase metering applications throughout the world.
The CS5467 is optimized to interface to shunt resistors or current transformers for current measurement, and to resistive dividers or potential transformers for voltage measurement.
The CS5467 features a bi-directional serial interface for communication with a processor and a programmable energy-to-pulse output function. It also has a tamper detection scheme that uses the larger of the active powers to register energy. Additional features include system-level calibration, temperature sensor, voltage sag, current fault detection and phase compensation.
Innovation that Rocks® Cirrus Rocks® Cirrus® Engineered to Rock®
- Energy data linearity: ±0.1% of reading over 1000:1 dynamic range
- On-chip Functions:
- Instantaneous voltage, current and power IRMS and VRMS, active, reactive and apparent power
- Current fault and voltage sag detect
- System calibrations/Phase compensation
- Temperature sensor
- Energy-to-pulse conversion
- Positive-only accumulation mode
- Meets accuracy spec for IEC, ANSI and JIS
- Low power consumption
- Current input optimized for sense resistor
- GND-referenced signals with single supply
- On-chip 2.5 V reference (25 ppm/°C typ)
- Power-supply monitor
- Simple 3-wire digital serial interface
- “Auto-boot” mode from serial E²PROM
- Power supply configurations
- VA+ = +5 V; AGND = 0 V; VD+ = 3.3 V to 5 V
- Package: 28-pin SSOP; lead-free assembly
|Not Recommended for New Designs|